Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 15 / Day 3



Day 15

Well, I cannot believe how much I've been running around and how crazy the weather has been. With so much going on, documenting my mini-garden has had to take a back seat!

Picture 1 - Look at how much my plants have grown - it's pretty impressive. Taking the spotlight yet again are the Morning Glory. Now about 6 inches tall, the Morning Glory are definitely starting to become vine-like and full leaves as it continues to grow and grow.

Not far behind are the Bachelor Buttons. At four to five inches tall, and starting to get that delicate look, the Bachelor Buttons are starting to look delicate. I cannot wait to see what color these flowers will end up being - according to various websites these flowers can be blue, white or white/pink.

Day 3

Picture 2 - Three days ago I added another 72-cell Burpee grow system. With a variety of seeds given to me from all over the place, I thought it might be nice to see what would actually grow (some were considered too old). Do you see the large sprouts (labeled Mammoth Sunflowers)? Estimated to get between 4-6 feet high, these flowers will definitely be interesting to watch!

In this grow system, I planted:
Violet Queen Cleome
Perennial Lupine
Rose Mallow
Maximilian Sunflowers
Helen's Sunflower Blend
Gloria Daisy
Tennessee Coneflower
Mammoth Sunflowers

With three rows empty (I was undecided when playing with the second grow system), I am still trying to figure out what else should be planted. Once I choose, I will post it on a new blog!






2 comments: